The master suite renovations are ongoing and will be still in motion for at least another 3 weeks. The post beam in the kitchen was a huge decorative log that went floor to ceiling. It cut off the kitchen and prevented a more open floor plan that we had desired. I have been BEGGING my husband for almost 3 years to let me take it down. Once our bathroom contractor confirmed the beam wasn't load bearing, I had him break out his tools and saw it down. The end result-I'm in love with how much larger the kitchen looks! I still need to do a little finish work to the ceiling to repair where the beam was mounted, but I'm pleased with the results.
| After |
Now, on to the yard...When we purchased the house almost 3 years ago, the front yard was an overgrown mess of weeds and wild flowers. Each summer, I have labored over it trying to make it into a beautiful expanse of healthy green grass. I've always loved grass and a well manicured yard. I've blogged about the yard before here. It's been a long work in progress filled with lumpy clumps of grass, tons of weeds and pits from voles. It was the opposite of manicured! Even with all the work I have put into it, it never looked great.
This year we decided to start from scratch. We had the whole yard sprayed with something to kill everything. Then the top layers of dirt were scrapped off.
New soil was brought in, the space leveled and then sod was laid.
We had a new pathway to the gardens put in and a rock wall placed to surround the new lawn.
The end result-a lushous green lawn! I love it!

No comments:
Post a Comment