When I was a kid, each year a carnival came into our town and set up at the local Catholic church. I would go every year with a bunch of my grade school friends. We always had a great time.
Since moving across the county, yearly carnivals don't seem to happen in any of the towns around me. It's one of the things I miss about the East Coast. While I was driving home from running some errands yesterday, I noticed one setting up in a vacant lot by the marina. It looked really small, but there were rides nonetheless.
After dinner my sister, husband and I all drove over. Dave and I went on the salt and pepper shakers and KL and I hit up the scrambler. Dave snapped this picture of us simulating our experience.
It was a fun way to spend our Friday night.
Looks like you had a blast! The 4th of July carnival is a tradition in our small Kansas town too!
ReplyDelete