Monday, January 17, 2011

Construction Crew

My sister, Kristy Lee, FINALLY decided to move back to the United States after years of wandering abroad. She's settled back in Breckenridge and I could not be more thrilled to have her close by. It's so wonderful to pick up the phone and talk to her, without having to hear chickens in the background or have her internet connection drop because Equador has rolling blackouts after dinner time. When she first came back to town, she stayed with Dave and I for a month, through the holidays, so she could look for a condo to buy. She found a great deal on a cute little 1 BR in Breck and was able to close this past Friday. However, the cute little 1 BR needed A LOT OF WORK! KL and I have been the all-girl construction crew. We have cut out some of the flooring, installed new fixtures in the bathroom, put in a new shower head, cleaned up mold on the walls, ripped out the texture on the ceiling and so much more. I've learned how to texture drywall, repair large holes in the walls and how to fix plumbing. Today we are wrapping it all up and going to finish painting the living room and bedroom as well as out the finishing touches on the bathroom decorating.  As much as we've had a great time learning new skills and putting some sweat equity into her new home, I think I'll hire someone next time. I never want to see another putty knife again.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you girls have each other as sisters and that you are close proximity once again. congrats Kristy Lee on your new place!!

    ReplyDelete